Welcome

Hi, my name is Shelly, and welcome to my online art gallery - I am a mixed media artist who enjoys having in her hands in quite of few things all at once! I try to post all my little projects here and sometimes I share other fabulous ideas from my favorite artists. My favorite products are from Graphic 45, Retro Cafe Art Gallery, Gecko Galz, Flying Unicorn and Two Ten Studios (links provided on the right.





Thank you for stopping by, and comments are always appreciated
.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and New Designs!!

I have been diligently working on my projects for Gecko Galz as they have selected me as their Artist of the Month for January. I was granted use of several of their lovely papers, collage sheets and digital stamps to make six samples....and here they are!

"Love Shrine"
This piece was created using some pre-cut plywood with a 1" x 3" block as the shelf. I covered the wood with "Star Crossed" papers from Gecko Galz. Next I used the image of the couple from my stash and the Eiffel Tower image from GG's collage sheet "Between The Lines" and glued them down. I stamped the script on the front of the shelf, then used fabric glue to attach lace around the piece. For embellishment, I used an old key (at the top) from my stash of found items; the little wood envelope is from Retro Cafe Art which I stamped with the french phrase "Par Avion" (Hero Arts). I used hot glue to glue the little glass jar down (Tim Holtz) and the envelope, added the key,some pearl stickers then placed the bouquet of little rosebuds in the jar. Lastly I used the stick on letters (Tim Holtz Designs) to finish it off.


Marie Antoinette ATC
To create this 3D ATC, I used a Masonite ATC Base and Valentines Day ATC Frame set from Retro Cafe Art. I covered the frame with GG's "Starcrossed" papers, then glued the Marie Antoinette image from their "Between the Lines" collage sheet onto the base. Next, I glued the paper covered frame onto the base and used Distress ink around the edges. The little hearts were painted white and stamped with script then glued on with the rosebuds and the little key. I think I have a thing for keys!


Steampunk Card
For this card I used the Steampunk Papers from Gecko Galz which I'm in LOVE WITH!! I'm a huge fan of Steampunk, and GG has great products along this line. The digital image is from GG's "Industrial Age" digital stamps, which I printed out on "Starcrossed" paper. I used brown cardstock from my stash for the card base, then use the papers to layer the image. The gears are from Retro Cafe Art. I used gold and silver pigment ink, heat embossed them and placed them on the card with glue. To finish I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of the Steampunk paper and attached. I love this result!


Valentine Deco Box
This project is a little kraft box I bought for $1 at my local craft store. To begin with, I again used one the sheets from GG's "Starcrossed" Paper pack and cut pieces to fit on each side of the box. Once attached securely with glue, I then used gold pigment ink and clear embossing powder to heat emboss the whole box. This gave it a really cool texture. Next I used the heart and Bingo card image from Gecko Galz's collage sheet "Hearts Galore" and attached with Modge Podge. I added the Bingo piece from my stash of found items and the rosebuds with hot glue. To finish I attached faux pearls around the top and mid-section of the box. A very elegant and easy project to use as a gift!


"Love's Journey" Tag
My final project is a tag using GG's "Starcrossed" papers; the image is from GG's collage sheet, "Two To Tango". For embellishment I attached black lace, pink square brads, a few highlighting papers from the Steampunk scraps, and several coordinating fibers. I also used some washi tape and a button to make a flower to finish it off. Perfect to send for my next tag swap!


I hope you enjoyed my creations this month, and please visit Gecko Galz for your scrapbooking and crafting images; you won't be disappointed! In addition, I'd like to thank Leanne Seed for choosing me to represent Gecko Galz this month.

1 comment:

  1. a belated congrats on being the guest artist at Gecko Galz

    ReplyDelete