Welcome

Hi, my name is Shelly, and welcome to my online art gallery - I am a mixed media artist who enjoys having in her hands in quite of few things all at once! I try to post all my little projects here and sometimes I share other fabulous ideas from my favorite artists. My favorite products are from Graphic 45, Retro Cafe Art Gallery, Gecko Galz, Flying Unicorn and Two Ten Studios (links provided on the right.





Thank you for stopping by, and comments are always appreciated
.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This week's creations....

As I am still in the Halloween mood, my focus has been on using some fantastic images and products from some of my favorite providers of crafty merchandise. This first piece is a Witch's Cafe sign I made using a digital stamp from the Midnight Hour collection over at Gecko Galz. They have some great digital stamps and Halloween papers that are sure to inspire! I bought a wooden tray over at the Dollar store, painted it black, then used paper and ribbon along with some Prima paper flowers and Stickles to complete this project. The spider web was the hardest part, but I finally got it right where I wanted it and used spray adhesive to anchor the spider. Easy and cute decoration!!
Next is a project that I had previously made called Graveyard Bingo (see previous posts); I decided I needed to revamp it because I wanted to be able to stand it up on it's own to display. I adhered some orange halloween paper to some heavy duty cardboard, then glued the whole piece onto it. I wasn't excited about the color, so I attached the green and black ribbon to the top which I thought made it pop! Next, added the two words "Graveyard" and "Bingo" with pop dots. I then made a cut on each side with my exacto, careful not to go all the way through. I bent each side back, and now this little beauty stands up on it's own!
Lastly, I stumbled upon a fantastic website when looking for vintage images of children called Deviant Scrap. They have some of the coolest images I've seen in awhile! I bought and quickly downloaded their Toil and Trouble Micro Kit which includes collage sheets and digital images to use in digital collage. These wicked little kids are so cute, so I created an ATC with them to send to a friend.
Hope you enjoy my little creations and have fun creating your very own! ~Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment