Welcome

Hi, my name is Shelly, and welcome to my online art gallery - I am a mixed media artist who enjoys having in her hands in quite of few things all at once! I try to post all my little projects here and sometimes I share other fabulous ideas from my favorite artists. My favorite products are from Graphic 45, Retro Cafe Art Gallery, Gecko Galz, Flying Unicorn and Two Ten Studios (links provided on the right.





Thank you for stopping by, and comments are always appreciated
.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Loving Halloween...

This little project started out being the other half of the Halloween Bingo deco; after setting the skeleton lovers in their crypt, I knew they had to be a project all alone. This was the other half of the 2 slot microscope slide; I found the image of the two love bird skeletons online, and cut them to fit in the slots. I set them with Glossy Accents and then let my imagination go to work.The cross is a sticker from Jolee's Boutique and it sat perfect at the top. I used red stickles in the center of the flowers rather than brads because every piece I do has to have glitter! I had that yellow moon image for awhile, it was perfect for this piece. To simulate a night sky, I painted a white doily black and attached it with the moon on the back. My favorite part is the real tree branch I put on the side with a little bat hanging out; finally a heart image from Retro Cafe Art to finish it off. Overall I think the piece is a little gothic, but still has a touch of whimsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment